How to Update Garmin GPS ?
To update your Garmin GPS devices, you need to install the Garmin Express application on your system. With the help of this software, you can register your product, sync with Garmin Connect, install the latest map updates and update Garmin devices. Also, the software gives you notifications when new updates are available and proper guidelines to install them. So to install the updates on your Garmin device, follow the given guide.
* Download and Install Garmin Express
- Start the process by opening a web browser i.e Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Then, go to garmin.com/express and click on Download for Windows or Download for Mac tab according to your operating system.
- Now the file will start downloading. Once it is done, double-click the file and select Run.
- When the installation window appears, read all the terms and conditions of the License Agreement and then click on the Install button. Wait till the software gets installed successfully.
* Add your Device To Garmin Express
- Now to open the application, click on the Launch Garmin Express tab.
- Then, click on the Get Started tab.
- Next, it will show you the Add Device window. Click on Add a Device icon given there.
- After that, you have to connect your GPS device to your computer. Use an appropriate USB cable and plug the one end of the cable to the GPS device and another end to your computer.
- Now, the software will start searching for your device. When the Device Found window appears, click on the Add Device button which is located below your product name. But if you are unable to find your device, click on the Search Again link.
- To install all the updates, you need to sign in to your Garmin account. So, enter your email address and password associated with your Garmin account. Then, click Sign In.
- But if you have not created an account before, click on the Create an Account tab. Then, follow the instructions displayed on your screen for account creation and sign in.
- If your product is not registered with Garmin Express, it will show you the Product Registration window. To register your product, provide your email address into the given field and then click on the Next button.
- In the next window, enter your device nickname and then click Next.
- After that, read all the terms of the Privacy Statement by clicking on its link. To proceed further, you need to accept the terms. Therefore, select the “Yes” checkbox given there and then click on the Finish button.
- Now, the setup of your Garmin device is completed.
Software, Gps and Map Update
- Now, the software will start checking for updates.
- After the searching process is over, Garmin Express will display the available updates.
- To view the list of available updates, you need to click on “View details”.
- Now, it will show you a list of all the software and map updates. You can install any update with just one click. So, select the updates that you wish to install from the list. Then, click on the Install button located next to your selected update.
- Next, a dialog box of the Licence Agreement will appear on your screen. Read all its terms and conditions thoroughly. Before beginning the update, you must accept the license agreement. Hence, click on the Accept button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Once the update starts, Garmin Express will show you the current progress, including the percentage completed, estimated time remaining and download speed. So, you need to wait for its completion.
- While the updates are installing, make sure that you do not unplug your device or turn off your system. Otherwise, it will cancel the installation process.
- Also, Garmin Express will first install the software updates. Once all the software updates are installed, it will start installing the map updates.
- Once the installation of all the software and map updates is done, it will show you the Updates Complete window. Now, to view your installed updates, click on the Check for Updates tab given there.
- Lastly, close the Garmin Express application and disconnect your GPS device from the system by removing the USB cable.
This concludes the process of the Garmin GPS Update.